SAFEGUARDS | ClothingNO. 002/20The Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology announced the updated Sector Product Standard for knitted leggings, FZ/T 73029-2019 (Knitted Leggings), which would become effective on November 1, 2019. The 2019 version of the standard replaces the one issued in 2009.
Application ScopeThis standard is applicable to elastic seamless knitted leggings and elastic knitted leggings with side seams, including ankle-length leggings, capri-pants and shorts knitted leggings. It does not apply to knitted leggings with coating, or the knitted legging for children aged 36 months or younger.
Main Technical Changes in 2019 Version
Compared with FZ/T 73029-2009, FZ/T 73029-2019 contains many revisions.
What are added include:
- The requirement that children’s clothing should also comply with the corresponding provisions of GB 31701;
- The rule that colour fastness testing is exempt for natural colour or bleached products;
- Judgement rules on single piece;
- The cut-and-sew rules for elastic tight knitted leggings;
- The requirement and test method for seam elongation of elastic tight knitted leggings;
- The requirements of dimension deviation for elastic tight knitted leggings;
- The judgement rules on other batches;
- The test method for colour difference;
- The sketch for knitted leggings.
- Normative references and terms;
- Other technical requirements for quality, sewing and appearance defects, the requirements in Table 2 in FZ/T 73029-2009;
- Technical requirements for vertical and crosswise extension value;
- Sampling position for fibre content testing;
- Measurement rules for vertical and crosswise extension testing;
- Instruction for use
What are revised include:
- The applicable scope of this standard;
- Product classification;
- Evaluation scope for pilling;
- Test method for pilling;
- The condition and number of sampling for vertical and crosswise extension value testing.
What are removed include:
- Grade classification for specification dimension and size
- Table 1 and Table 3 in FZ/T 73029-2009.
Main Technical Contents
The main technical requirements include appearance and quality.
The requirements on appearance include appearance defects, dimension deviation and sewing requirements.
The quality requirements include vertical extension value, crosswise extension value, seam elongation, formaldehyde, pH value, odour, decomposable carcinogenic aromatic amines, fiber content, colour fastness to laundering, colour fastness to water, colour fastness to perspiration, colour fastness to rubbing, and pilling.
Details of the Technical Content
For more information, please refer to the China Product Standard FZ/T 73029-2019 (Knitted Leggings) or contact SGS directly.
SGS Global Softlines has an extensive network of over 40 laboratories worldwide, with a strong team of committed professionals from multi-disciplinary backgrounds. Our internationally accredited state-of-the-art testing laboratories offer a comprehensive range of physical, chemical and functional testing services for components, materials and finished products. We help your company ensure quality, performance and compliance with international, industrial and regulatory standards worldwide. Discover more at www.sgs.com/softlines.For enquiries, please contact:
Consumer and Retail — Softlines
US & Canada Softlines Business Head
t: +1 973 461 7919
© SGS Group Management SA - 2020 - All rights reserved - SGS is a registered trademark of SGS Group Management SA. This is a publication of SGS, except for 3rd parties’ contents submitted or licensed for use by SGS. SGS neither endorses nor disapproves said 3rd parties contents. This publication is intended to provide technical information and shall not be considered an exhaustive treatment of any subject treated. It is strictly educational and does not replace any legal requirements or applicable regulations. It is not intended to constitute consulting or professional advice. The information contained herein is provided “as is” and SGS does not warrant that it will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. Do not quote or refer any information herein without SGS’ prior written consent.