Strategically located west of Shanghai, the 2,500 m2 laboratory which opened in May 2021, provides cutting-edge testing technology and first-class solutions in the filtration industry. The A2LA accreditation broadens its capability to deliver a wide range of industries with a single focus on filtration testing for Compressed Air, HEPA & ULPA, HVAC, and Industrial Air and Residential Air Purification.
Awarded in July, A2LA accreditation enables the following types of filtration tests:
- Initial air filter fractional efficiency
- HVAC filter efficiency and capacity
- HEPA and ULPA filter efficiency
- Vacuum Cleaner Fractional Efficiency
- Engine intake air cleaner testing
- Room air cleaner efficiency
- Face mask filter efficiency
The certification confirms that the lab has management, quality, and technical systems in place to ensure accurate and reliable analyses, as well as proper administrative processes to ensure that all aspects related to the sample, the analysis, and the reporting are standardized, measured, and monitored.
Ben Lv, Director – SGS China Automotive and North & East China Electrical & Electronic Consumer, said: "Congratulations to our team on achieving this certification, with zero defects on the assessment. Our Filtration Performance Laboratory in Suzhou is the first laboratory in China to focus on filtration performance testing and to have expanded our capability so rapidly is testament to the level of expertise within our team and the investment we have made into cutting edge technology.
"This news will be welcomed by our clients who will benefit from a locally available, single lab dedicated to air filtration services. It Is also great news for the wider industry as we seek to build our reputation in this field and support the healthy and sustainable development of the national filtration sector."
SGS Filtration Performance
The Suzhou laboratory is the company's first domestic third-party laboratory focusing on filtration testing. It features complete air filtration testing capabilities from testing of filter materials to the entire end product. With test flow ranges from low flow to ultra-high-flow products it provides a full range of one-stop solutions for filtration performance across a diversity of industries such as home appliances, automobiles, medicine, and aviation.
The new accreditation adds to the laboratory's existing scope for the product testing of:
- Room purifiers – performance testing: ISO, AHAM, GB/T
- Vacuum cleaners – performance testing: ASTM and IEC
- HEPA and ULPA filters: EN 1822/ ISO 29643 including MPPS to 0.01μm and IEST HEPA & ULPA
- HVAC testing – residential and commercial: initial efficiency, full tests with charge conditioning and dirt holding capacity
- Automotive cabin air
- Engine intake and crankcase ventilation: efficiency, capacity and flow restriction
For further information, please contact:
SGS Suzhou IBR Laboratories
t: +86 139 1828 7615
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 93,000 employees operate a network of 2,600 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.