SGS Extends Testing Portfolio Through Partnership with RLP AgroScience, Germany
SGS is pleased to announce a partnership with RLP AgroScience, which will allow more complex, tailor-made experimental designs to be provided for environmental and human safety assessments of pesticides, chemicals, biocides and human drugs/veterinary drugs.
Expanded Solutions Portfolio
This partnership will allow our clients to have access to a one-stop-shop solution for environmental fate studies by expanding our solutions portfolio to include:
- 14C metabolism studies in plants (representative crops, rotational crops, nature of residue during processing) under greenhouse/semi-field conditions
- 14C degradation and metabolism studies in soil, water, sediment, air
- 14C environmental fate/dissipation studies e.g. leaching, volatilization, adsorption/desorption at different scales
- 14C residue extraction efficacy testing
- 14C food processing studies
Additional non-radiolabeled residue testing:
- Outdoor wind tunnel system for testing volatilization and subsequent deposition
- Foliar wash off pesticides
- Soil and crop residue studies
RLP AgroScience conducts studies in:
- Outdoor lysimeters: for plant metabolism, rotational crop studies, soil degradation or leaching studies
- 14C greenhouses (for any kind of 14-C labeled plant studies)
- Indoor climate and growth chambers
Our global network of laboratories and field trial centers can assist businesses with a wide range of services, including biological efficacy, product chemistry/microbiology, ecotoxicology, environmental fate and residue testing. As a multiple service provider, we offer a complete service spectrum according to good engineering practice (GEP) and good laboratory practice (GLP) requirements – from greenhouse/growth chambers under controlled environmental conditions to semi-field/large field testing.
In addition, our global network of laboratories and experts provide tailored services to match the regulatory and commercial needs for many customers, allowing you to reduce the time-to-market for new products.
We look forward to cooperating with our new partner, RLP AgroScience, on upcoming environmental fate and metabolism studies and further dietary risk assessment related questions.
For further information, please contact:
Business Development Manager
t: +49 6128 744 569
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.