Mobile Laboratory and Field-Deployable Equipment for SARS-Cov-2 Analysis
SGS is now mobile. Fast and accurate RT-qPCR analysis now available onsite across the USA for unsurpassed turn-around-time, cost, accuracy and convenience.
The service adds to our comprehensive COVID-19 Recovery Assistance Services by coming directly to your location with our team, analytical expertise and rental offerings. Our mobile laboratory and field-deployable testing and analytical equipment are now available for SARS-CoV-2 detection in air and on surfaces.
SGS now offers near real-time Reverse Transcriptase Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-qPCR) data in air and on surface swab sampling with our new mobile laboratory or RT-qPCR instrument and analyst options. The ability to provide near-real-time SARS-CoV-2 presence data using gold-standard RT-qPCR, eliminates the 2-3-day turnaround time that was needed to ship samples to the lab and wait for results, a major step in speeding reaction to possible COVID events. The service supports analysis of air monitoring using Teflon air filters and swab testing for cleaning verification.
SGS offers two remote service options to fit your SARS-CoV-2 testing needs:
- Dedicated and self-contained mobile laboratory
- Two analysts, instant and automated reporting after data review
- Supplies for air quality monitoring and other tests
Instrument and Analyst Option
- RT-qPCR rental to provide analysis in a controlled space within a building
- Analyst for providing testing
- Instant and automated reporting after remote data quality review
Our mobile RT-qPCR technology is identical to our laboratory offering – same sensitivity, same specificity and the same target genes, internal controls and quality. And, we are now able to offer this service at the point of sampling with results available as soon as two hours from time of receipt in the on-site laboratory.
- One instrument and two analysts can support 60 samples a day. Talk to us about your scope and volume for more details
- Our mobile laboratory is set up with the right safety and quality protocols to ensure that the data quality and safety are identical to our laboratory offering
- Data generated in the on-site lab by one analyst is reviewed by a different analyst prior to reporting ensuring the highest levels of data quality. Each analyst performing the validation has been qualified to perform the work
- The data reporting has been streamlined to ensure that results are text, emailed to you as soon as the review data analyst completes the data review
- The test is based on CDC standard protocol CDC-006-00019. The test is specific to SARS-CoV-2 and will not respond to MERS, SARS-CoV-1, influenza and more. Test results are reported as positive/negative based on successful amplification of the SARS-CoV-2 gene targets at a Ct < 40 for Swabs and for Air Filters
- Swab reporting limits: 30 genome units/100 cm2
- Air reporting limits: 500 genome units/L
For further information please contact, our laboratory:
t: +1 888 432 LABS (5227)
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.