SAFEGUARDS | Softlines NO. 152/18
The National Technical Committee of Garments of the Standardization Administration of China has issued an updated version of its product standard GB/T 2666-2017 for trousers. The 2017 version of the standard replaces the 2009 version and was implemented on July 1, 2018.
This standard covers trousers or skirts that are made of pure wool, or wool blended and interweaved, or wool like woven textile materials. It does not cover clothing for infants aged less than 36 months.
Main Technical Changes
GB/T 2666-2017 contains several revisions to GB/T 2666-2009. These include changes to the:
- Applicable scope of the standard
- Normative references
- Instruction for use of products
- Requirements for auxiliary materials, skewness of warp yarn and weft yarn, check/strip alignment, appearance and sewn quality, density for stitch size spacing, colorfastness to rubbing for lining, footnote of table 6
- Inspection tool, specification measurement, appearance quality, dimensional change after washing/dry cleaning, colorfastness to light and rest rules.
- Judgment of appearance defects
The latest version of this standards adds many provisions:
- Items for children aged 36 months to 14 years, should comply with the requirements of GB 31701
- Requirements for skewness for striped and checked pattern, no foam allowed in the adhesive interlining parts, appearance after washing/dry cleaning
- Test method for skewness of warp yarn and weft yarn, the safety performance of children’s clothing, appearance after washing/dry cleaning, sharpness of attached components, type tests.
The latest version of this standard includes the quote “Testing methods of physical and chemical performance of garments” and specified “choose the single fiber adjacent fabric when arbitration test”.
The latest version has deleted the following test method and two annexes:
- Test method for skewness.
- Annex B - Test methods for seam slippage
- Annex C - Sample sketch for the seam strength of trouser back rise
Test items for Physical and Chemical
The new edition of the standard lists tests for:
Fiber content, Formaldehyde content, pH value, Banned azo colorants, Odor, Dimensional change after washing/dry-cleaning, Spirality after washing/dry-cleaning, Colorfastness for shell (washing, dry cleaning, water, perspiration, rubbing, light), Colorfastness for lining (washing, dry cleaning, dry rubbing, water, perspiration), Colorfastness for decorative parts and embroidery (washing, dry cleaning), Pilling property for shell, Seam slippage, Seam strength of trouser back rise, Tear strength for shell, Appearance after washing and/or dry cleaning.
Details of The Technical Content
For more information, please refer to the China Industry Standard GB/T 2666-2017 <Trousers>or contact SGS directly.
SGS Global Softlines has an extensive network of over 40 laboratories worldwide, with a strong team of committed professionals from multi-disciplinary backgrounds. Our internationally accredited state-of-the-art testing laboratories offer a comprehensive range of physical, chemical and functional testing services for components, materials and finished products. We help your company ensure quality, performance and compliance with international, industrial and regulatory standards worldwide. Discover more at www.sgs.com/softlines.
For enquiries, please contact:
US & Canada Softlines Business Head
t: +1 973 461 7919
Stay on top of regulatory changes within your industry: subscribe to SafeGuardS!
Read more articles for the Consumer Goods and Retail industry!© SGS Group Management SA - 2018 - All rights reserved - SGS is a registered trademark of SGS Group Management SA. This is a publication of SGS, except for 3rd parties’ contents submitted or licensed for use by SGS. SGS neither endorses nor disapproves said 3rd parties contents. This publication is intended to provide technical information and shall not be considered an exhaustive treatment of any subject treated. It is strictly educational and does not replace any legal requirements or applicable regulations. It is not intended to constitute consulting or professional advice. The information contained herein is provided “as is” and SGS does not warrant that it will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. Do not quote or refer any information herein without SGS’s prior written consent.