China Releases a New Standard for Baby Toddler Walking Assistant–GB/T 35448-2017
China has issued a new national standard for Baby toddler walking assistant– GB/T 35448-2017. The new standard will become effective on July 1, 2018.
SAFEGUARDS | Consumer Products NO. 087/18
The National Technical Committee of Garments of the Standardization Administration of China has issued its product standard GB/T 35448-2017 for Baby toddler walking assistant. It is the first product standard for a baby walking strap. The new standard was included in No. 32 announcement 2017 of newly approved national standards in the People’s Republic of China.
Definition for baby toddler walking assistant
The baby toddler walking assistants are intended for infants who can sit and walk by themselves (from 9 months to 24 months) and are designed to provide general structural support and protection when practicing walking.
This standard covers baby toddler walking assistants that are made of textile materials. Other similar products may refer to this standard.
The technical contents of this standard include:
1. Requirements for textile fabrics and filling materials
- Textile fabrics shall comply with category A requirements in GB 31701-2015.
- Textile fillings and down fillings shall comply with category A requirements in GB 31701-2015 and shall use new, pollution-free materials. Other filling materials shall comply with the requirements of related laws and compulsory standards.
2. Requirements for attached components
- The attached components on the baby toddler walking assistant shall comply with the requirements of GB 31701-2015.
- Limits of harmful substances in attached components shall comply with the requirements of Table 1 in GB/T 35448-2017.
- Baby toddler walking assistants shall not have accessible sharp points and sharp edges.
- If the attached toys and other accessories are intended for playing, they shall comply with the requirements of the related standards.
3. Requirements for construction
Seam strength of straps——Test the straps which provide support and lift function.
- Tensile force of Buckle and Strap accessory——Test insert and closure, Tri-glide button, D-ladder lock, square buckle, hook buckle and hasp which are attached to the baby toddler walking attachment.
- Overall impact property under fixed load——Connectors, buckles, seams, straps and fabricsetc. shall not tear, have broken sewing thread, ravelling, and fabric breakage at pressed parts when the overall impact property under fixed loads tested.
4. Requirements for marking and instruction for use
The contents, safety warnings, label, specification for marking and instruction for use are given in detail in this standard.
5. Requirements for package
The package and product itself of the baby toddler walking assistant shall not use sharp things, such as metal needles.
Details of The Technical Content
For more information, please refer to the China Industry Standard GB/T 35448-2017< Baby toddler walking assistant> or contact SGS directly.
SGS Global Softlines has an extensive network of over 40 laboratories worldwide, with a strong team of committed professionals from multi-disciplinary backgrounds. Our internationally accredited state-of-the-art testing laboratories offer a comprehensive range of physical, chemical and functional testing services for components, materials and finished products. We help your company ensure quality, performance and compliance with international, industrial and regulatory standards worldwide. Discover more at www.sgs.com/softlines.
For enquiries, please contact:
Director Technical Support, Softlines
t: +1 973 461 7919
Stay on top of regulatory changes within your industry: subscribe to SafeGuardS!
Read more articles for the Consumer Goods and Retail industry© SGS Group Management SA - 2018 - All rights reserved - SGS is a registered trademark of SGS Group Management SA. This is a publication of SGS, except for 3rd parties’ contents submitted or licensed for use by SGS. SGS neither endorses nor disapproves said 3rd parties contents. This publication is intended to provide technical information and shall not be considered an exhaustive treatment of any subject treated. It is strictly educational and does not replace any legal requirements or applicable regulations. It is not intended to constitute consulting or professional advice. The information contained herein is provided “as is” and SGS does not warrant that it will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. Do not quote or refer any information herein without SGS’s prior written consent.