We have launched our online Sustainability Report, heralding a new approach to sustainability disclosure within SGS. To enable relevant and concise analysis, the Report concentrates on the most important sustainability issues to our company, identified through our in-depth materiality process. It is also one of the first sustainability reports to align to the Global Reporting Initiative’s new “G4” guidelines, meeting the requirements for “Comprehensive” reporting, and continuing our commitment to excellence in sustainability management. We made the report available online, with an accompanying downloadable Sustainability Highlights document, to reach a wide range of stakeholders.
In 2013 SGS has:
- Used the Green Book, its Sustainability P&L account, to identify target areas for action:
- Employees taking part in the Global Corporate Challenge, a fitness initiative tackling the underlying causes of sickness absence, logged 2.7 billion steps in 16 weeks
- Upgrading the energy system at a large laboratory in Germany, which will save 33% of energy costs and 716 tones (20%) of CO2 emissions per year
- Supported local communities through almost 300 projects
- Launched its first global safety day, with over 42,000 contractors and employees taking part
- Provided a huge range of sustainability services to customers in diverse industries, such as carbon footprinting a trade show, working with food companies to manage supply chain risks, and verifying the ‘green’ claims of electronic products
To showcase the fantastic efforts of our employees around the world, the Sustainability Highlights review features case studies, photos and quotes from our people. In addition, services case studies are presented alongside operations case studies, in response to stakeholder requests for more information on the company’s full contribution to sustainability.
Find out more:
- Sustainability Report – management approach, performance this year, and future commitments
- Sustainability Highlights – performance summary and inspiring case studies
- Data Bank – full data and indicators
You can provide your feedback on the Report here.
If you would like further information, please contact:
Corporate Sustainability Team
1 Place des Alpes
1211 - Geneva
t: +41 22 739 91 11
f: +41 22 739 98 86
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.