As PVoC providers for Tanzania since 2012, SGS offers experience, expertise and digital innovation for exporters.
From the breath-taking Serengeti to the majestic Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania encompasses the warm heart of Africa.
Located in East Africa, Tanzania is known for its vast natural resources, including minerals and agricultural products. In recent years, its economy has grown rapidly driven not only by the export of these resources, but also driven by the growth of its manufacturing and service sectors.
Product Verification of Conformity program
Launched in February 2012, SGS has always been at the forefront of providing Product Verification of Conformity Program (PVoC) services for the country. Today we are the first choice for exporters who benefit from our global network of specialists and state-of-the-art facilities. The zones under which we are mandated to conduct PVoC are extensive; full details can be found on our datasheet which provides a useful guide to all PVoC-related matters.
With the increase in the number of zones under mandate to SGS, webinars were held in December 2022 and February 2023 to provide more details.
SGS has a presence in all East African countries and has operated in Tanzania since the 1950s. The knowledge gained over so many years interacting with a wide diversity of products and organizations makes us an ideal partner for exporters to Tanzania.
SGS is at the center of innovation sweeping the TIC industry. In support of technological change, we proudly unveiled our trade facilitation services platform, eTrade. This IT solution contains many notable benefits, including:
- Full integration with the SGS exporter portal
- Improved productivity due to drastically reduced timelines from certification request to certificate issue
- Full and cloud-based application and documents, using standard Cloud Blocks and Microservices Architecture
- Single page web applications
- Enhanced security via the latest framework version used and updated. Includes Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) plugin integrated in build process. To prevent security breaches, the latest Azure Active Directory, combined with user authentication, is utilized
Learn more about Tanzania – PVoC Program.
This article can also be found in our PCA Newsletter (Q1/2023) – which keeps you up to date with developments in technical barriers to trade and product conformity assessment.
Read more PCA articles (Q1/2023)
- SGS awarded fourth consecutive PVoC contract for exports to Uganda
- Selling to Saudi: combined conformity assessment services for textiles
- Beyond Zoom: SGS QiiQ® digital inspection system
Subscribe to our PCA Newsletter
Subscribe to the PCA Newsletter by going to our Subscription Center, selecting Connectivity & Products at Step 1 and then the topic Government & Trade Facilitation at Step 2.
© SGS Société Générale de Surveillance SA. This publication or website is a property of SGS Société Générale de Surveillance SA. All contents including website designs, text, and graphics contained herein are owned by or licensed to SGS Société Générale de Surveillance SA. The information provided is for technical and general information purposes only and offers no legal advice. The information is no substitute for professional legal advice to ensure compliance with the applicable laws and regulations. All information is provided in good faith “as is”, and SGS Société Générale de Surveillance SA makes no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, and does not warrant that the information will be error-free or meet any particular criteria of performance or quality.