The new e-Customs Services portal was developed by SGS trade and customs experts to help global businesses successfully navigate the growing complexities of international trade and customs legislation. It provides a practical, single window solution to help businesses efficiently and cost-effectively progress cargo through border crossings, ports and beyond. Its comprehensive range of support services, advice and resources are pertinent to organizations of all sizes, particularly transporters, forwarders, exporters and importers.
The new website portal brings together information, news and resources, with a focus on the following customs procedures:
- Customs transit and guarantee
- Import and export declarations
- Process automation
- VAT services and fiscal representation
- Origin services
Users will benefit from online access to:
- Brokerage services with easy access to a suite of customs related services, such as export, import, representation, VAT services, certificate of origin, and fiscal representation in several EU states
- Multinational coverage customs guarantees enabling clients to submit transit declarations from 25 NCTS and non-NCTS countries with a single application. The multilingual application embeds all national rules so clients can create their transit declarations themselves and monitor them from departure to termination
- 24/7 support – a team of over 300 customs and logistics experts are available to troubleshoot and advise on all matters connected to your e-Customs services related declarations – no matter how big or small the topic may be
TransitNet, SGS's unique multinational full transit e-service, is a feature of the portal, allowing users to easily manage their customs transit requirements for road, rail, Ro-Ro and barge transportation across 25 European countries, without having to buy software, apply for a customs guarantee or have an in-house customs expert.
This multimodal service helps users to:
- Monitor shipments under customs, end to end. For goods outside of the EU, SGS draws up export declarations processed in the Export Control System (ECS) to prevent any additional tax assessments
- Reduce waiting times at departure, border and arrival locations, as SGS acts as an authorized consignor to ensure that transporters can cross borders efficiently
- Save time and money by using a web-based application to create, submit and monitor transit declarations up to the point at which the goods arrive at their destination and the declaration has been discharged
To help companies navigate the new customs procedures implemented in the wake of the UK's exit from the EU, the portal also includes access to SGS's specialist Brexit consultancy services. Whether a business has or does not have experience in following customs procedures, SGS has the systems in place to help companies in the UK, EU and the rest of the world successfully navigate the changes that Brexit has introduced.
About Government Services From SGS
SGS offers an extensive portfolio of innovative services for governments, international institutions and partner organizations across the public and private sectors. By working with technology companies that specialize in government domains and understand the complexities of bringing governmental departments together electronically in one place, SGS can finance, deliver and operate e-Government solutions tailored specifically to public domain requirements.
Find Out More About Our e-Customs Services
For further information, please contact:Thomas Munsters
Managing Director, SGS Maco Customs Service
t: +353 91 480940
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.