SGS in Mexico Achieves New Accreditation as Independent Safety Assessment Body
Endorsed to act as an Independent Safety Assessment body (ISA) by the Mexican Accreditation Body (EMA – Entidad Mexicana de Acreditación) consolidates SGS’s leadership in the field of inspection, verification, testing and certification in the rail industry.
The new accreditation will allow customers in the Latin America region to ensure that their rail products and projects comply with the required stringent safety standards, as well as compliance with other quality, technical and environmental protection regulations.
This new ISA inspection unit completes a wide spectrum of accredited techniques under the Rail portfolio services of SGS in Mexico, grouped into the following inspection bodies:
- Civil construction inspection body (EMA UVOC 001)
- Railway systems inspection body (EMA UVSISFER 001)
- Electromechanical systems inspection body (EMA UVOEM 001)
SGS in Mexico is among the first accredited conformity assessment body, which was created to serve the emerging modern railway industry in Latin America. It has developed methodologies to support the local markets’ unique and complex requirements and has marked a turning point for Latin American Testing Inspection and Certification (TIC) companies with participation in huge infrastructure projects with stakeholders such as governmental entities, authorities, investors, manufacturers and general public services.
SGS Certification Services
SGS's world-leading certification services enable organizations to demonstrate that their projects, products, processes, systems or services are compliant with national and international regulations and standards.
SGS is accredited to perform certification activities as a notified body and designated body (NoBo/DeBo) and independent safety assessments (AsBo/ISA), among other industry certifications, with the following group accreditations:
- NoBo/DeBo (ENAC Nº181/C-PR394)
- NoBo/DeBo (UKAS 6186)
- AsBo/ISA (ENAC Nº133/EI755)
- AsBo (PCA AK 013)
- ISA (Dakks D-IS-12088-02-01)
- ISA (EMA - UVISA 001)
Additionally, SGS performs other related activities:
- Certification of Entities in Charge of Maintenance (EEM/ECM) (UKAS 6186)
- Welding EN 15085
- Electrical Laboratories (Dakks D-IS-12088-02-01 and ENAC N º 05/LE011)
- IRIS (08/10/14a)
SGS Rail Services
This service supports the global rail industry in delivering projects throughout their whole life cycle and ensuring the continued performance of businesses through independent audit and control.
SGS services for the rail industry include, but are not limited to:
- Rolling stock, infrastructure and signaling
- Other railway systems assessments and certification
- Quality assurance
- Independent safety assessments
- Supply chain and inspection
- Destructive and nondestructive testing
- Technical assistance
- Technical staffing services
- Construction and installation supervision
- Asset condition assessment
Thanks to a global presence and more than 30 years of experience in the rail industry, SGS can support customers around the world.
For more information, please contact:
Carlos Paricio Ayno
t: +52 (55) 5570 6890
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.