Based in Helsinki, Finland, this acquisition brings increased expertise, laboratory facilities and accreditations to our existing PPE labs in Finland and the UK.
Location: Helsinki, Finland
- Protective clothing & gloves
- PPE footwear
- Hearing protectors
- Protection against a fall from height
- Protection used in and near water
- Protective equipment against hand-held chainsaws
- Respiratory protective devices
- Anti-slip devices, ice picks, protectors used in sports
Serving domestic and international clients we test and certify the abovementioned products against wide range of parameters and standards:
Protective clothing and gloves
- Mechanical testing – seam strength, tensile, tear, water penetration, dimensional changes, etc.
- Flame and heat resistance
- Hi-vis color testing – EN/ISO 20471
- Retroreflectors – EN ISO 20471, EN 13356
- Mechanical testing of strength, safety, ergonomic and quality features of footwear according to EN ISO 20344 – 20347
- Slip resistance – EN ISO 13287
- Core standards – EN 352-1, -2, -3
- Electronic features – EN 352 – for FM radio, aux-in, Bluetooth, ANR, Level-dependent function, etc.
- Flexible testing scope
Protection against a fall from height
- Guided type fall arresters including anchor lines – EN 353
- Belts and lanyards for work positioning or restraint, EN 358
- Full body harnesses – EN 361
- Anchor devices – EN 795
Protection used in and near water
- Lifejackets and buoyancy aids (PFD), immersion suits, diving suits, dry suits
- SOLAS lifejackets, immersion suits, thermal protective aids
- Mechanical and in-water performance tests
- Pretreatments and thermal protection test @FIOH Oulu laboratory
Protective equipment against hand-held chainsaws
- New standard EN ISO 11393 in accreditation scope!
- Clothing and gloves
Respiratory protective devices
SGS is building a new laboratory focusing on the testing of filtering half masks (acc to EN 149), medical face masks (EN14683) and community face coverings in Helsinki. Actual testing will begin during the final quarter of the year.
Our operations in Finland, SGS Fimko, are accredited by FINAS, the Finnish Accreditation Service, as an accredited laboratory for PPE (T004), as a Notified Body (0598) and as a Certification Body (S003).
For further information on our range of services, please contact our Finnish team direct:
t: +358 9 696 361