Demonstrate the integrity of your manufacturing processes and compliance with food safety regulations.
HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) is an internationally recognized standard that defines the requirements for the effective control of food safety. It should be applied during the manufacture of food, ingredients and beverages, and is a key element of the CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene.
HACCP is built around seven principles:
- Conduct Hazard Analysis of biological, chemical or physical food hazards
- Determine critical control points
- Establish critical control limits, for example, minimum cooking temperature and time
- Establish a system to monitor control of critical control points
- Establish corrective actions
- Establish procedure for verification to confirm that the HACCP system is working effectively
- Establish documentation and record keeping
What are the benefits of HACCP certification?
Certification demonstrates to customers your commitment to safety during the manufacture of food, ingredients and beverages. Using its evidence-based approach, you will also gain the data you will need for inspections by regulatory authorities and stakeholders.
Compliance to HACCP criteria will:
- Transform your brand
- Serve as an effective entry-to-market tool
- Open new business opportunities
Why choose SGS HACCP solutions?
We recognized as the benchmark for quality and integrity in the food industry. Wherever you operate in the world, our network of industry experts will support you in gaining and maintaining HACCP certification, helping you to demonstrate regulatory compliance with recognized food safety standards.