SGS offers a range of upstream analytical services to help you analyze and optimize your oil and natural gas production.
Looking for something specific?
Search within Upstream Analytical Services
Our upstream analytical services include:
- Advanced coreflood studies and Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) analysis: analytical and EOR consulting, enabling you to optimize the extraction of your oil beyond that recoverable by primary and secondary methods
- Flow assurance testing: helping you define possible risks that can be experienced during hydrocarbon production, processing, storage and transport operations
- Production chemical testing: ensure optimal performance with the independent screening of production chemicals used for treating flow assurance, corrosion or hydrocarbon quality problems
- Brine physiochemical solutions: accurate and representative screening data – available on site and on demand through our portable laboratories
- Compositional analyses:complete compositional analysis services for upstream exploration and production, utilizing industry-standard methods
- Crude oil assay:enabling you to market your oil more effectively, as well as making it easier to identify potential value chain partners
- FluidPro™ PAL: portable analytical laboratories offering Pressure-Volume-Temperature (PVT) and production chemistry, equipped with field sampling equipment and staffed by certified PVT chemists
- Fluid analysis services during exploration and production: manage the performance of your reservoirs and production assets with the monitoring of key parameters during exploration and production
- Mercury detection, analysis and speciation: complete compositional analysis services for upstream exploration and production, utilizing industry-standard methods
- Phase behavior, Pressure-Volume-Temperature (PVT): studies for a complete range of reservoir types to support the engineering, design and optimization of reservoirs, processes and facilities
- Production chemistry services: understand and minimize the impact of scale, corrosion, acidization and rock-fluid compatibility on the productivity of your reservoir
- Rapid Deployment Kit (RDK): field-based sampling services, compositional analyses and production chemistry, utilizing high-quality methods and instruments
We provide the world’s most comprehensive range of integrated inspection, testing, certification and advisory services, powered by the latest technology and digital tools. With unrivaled field operating experience and a global network of experts, we provide solutions in a vast range of offshore and onshore environments.