Mining Graphite and Rare Earth Elements
Graphite and rare earth elements present processing challenges and SGS has the technologies and expertise to support your project from exploration to development.
Recently, demand for graphite and rare earth elements (REE) has grown exponentially because of their use in many common devices, such as cell phones, batteries, brake linings and fire retardants. Due to their physical properties, these elements can cause testing concerns. We have the experience, technologies and expertise to develop the best approach for your project. Our team delivers proven services to ensure your project moves forward.
We provide a comprehensive range of testwork capabilities for graphite and rare earth element exploration and metallurgical processing including:
- Geochemical analysis including Mobile Metal Ion (MMI) studies
- High Definition Mineralogy including REE phase delineation and variability testing
- Expertise in graphite flotation and hydrometallurgy
- Extensive metallurgical flowsheet development and piloting experience
- Integrated environmental services including water treatment and tailings processing
We have more than 70 years experience finding practical, effective and economical solutions to industry challenges. Our technical team offers you a unique, industry leading depth and breadth of services for graphite and rare earth elements.
Put SGS on your team and gain the competitive edge that will translate into more growth for your company.