FSMA shifts the food industry’s focus from responding to contamination events to preventing them. The implementation of preventive controls for human food standards is one of the foundations of FSMA compliance. Our training course will show you how to implement a combined GMP, HACCP and FSMA preventive controls system for human foods. This will help your organization to comply with both HACCP based scheme requirements and the FSMA Preventive Controls rule.
Why choose implementing GMP, HACCP and FSMA preventive controls for human food training from SGS?
This course uses a series of workshops to teach students the requirements of HACCP and the FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Foods rule and how to successfully implement them.
After completing your preventive controls for human food course you will be able to:
- Identify and control hazards
- Establish critical control point (CCP) and preventive controls management requirements
- Create a working combined HACCP/FSMA food safety plan
- Establish effective record keeping procedures to document your food safety system
This course is aimed at:
- Food safety managers
- Implementation teams
- Internal auditors
- Those seeking to meet both HACCP based (e.g. GFSI recognized) scheme requirements
- Anyone interested in maintaining an integrated system compliant with the FSMA Preventive Controls rule
- Overview and history of HACCP
- HACCP and preventive controls concepts
- Preliminary steps to hazard analysis
- Commonalities between HACCP and FSMA
- Biological, chemical, physical, radiological and economically motivated hazards
- Developing flow diagrams
- Development of a combined HACCP food safety plan
- Quantitative and qualitative hazard analysis methods
- Good manufacturing practices
- Critical control points as preventive controls
- Preventive controls and CCP monitoring and management
Students taking this course should have a knowledge of food safety systems.
- Duration: 2.5 days
- Accreditation: SGS
- Delivery methodology: face to face, instructor-led virtual (online) training
You will receive an SGS certificate upon successful completion.
Trusted food safety training from a leading course provider
As a leader in professional training, we draw on years of global experience. Our courses are delivered by specialists who will support you on your professional journey.
To find out more about our training in implementing GMP, HACCP and FSMA preventive controls, contact us today.