Energy management strategies and systems will help your business reduce its energy consumption and its GHG emissions. The first step towards the development of a comprehensive energy management plan is an energy audit. It provides a clear understanding on energy consumption patterns within your buildings and/or manufacturing processes and highlights technically viable energy saving opportunities.
SGS energy audits
Our expert auditors will give you a clear understanding of how your facility consumes energy. Audits include a physical inspection of buildings and equipment. Depending on the level of detail required, audits may include a simple visual inspection or detailed measurements. The final report will systematically break down how energy is used and where saving opportunities can be achieved.
Typically, our energy audits will:
- Breakdown energy usage and significant energy use by equipment/process
- Benchmark energy performance against similar premises/processes
- Provide an overview of supply and metering strategy
- Analyze the building envelope, services and controls
- Review of the energy management procedures, including maintenance
- Identify energy and cost saving opportunities together with pay back periods of the investment needed to implement the energy saving measures
- Prioritize no or low-cost opportunities to large capital investment opportunities and create action plans
Our energy audits identify business opportunities and help you implement cost-effective measures to reduce energy bills and GHG emissions.
Why choose SGS?
With a worldwide network of auditors, we have the assets in place to help you undertake an efficient and effective energy audit. Working with SGS gives you local know-how backed by international expertise.
To learn more about energy audits, contact your local SGS office.