Many organizations struggle to meet the extensive number of regulations and requirements that apply to them. This is especially true for healthcare providers as well as their business partners and suppliers.
When the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) was enacted in 1996, the overarching premise of protecting personally identifiable information (PII) and Personal Health Information (PHI) seemed relatively straightforward. In the 26 years that have followed, technological advancements have made protecting PII and PHI increasingly difficult. While HIPAA and many of the other requirements can appear to be similar, in fact, they have some differences and complying with all of them can be a confusing and overwhelming task.
During this presentation, our panel of information security experts will explore ways to leverage your ISO/IEC 27001/27701 management system to support HIPAA compliance.
The objective of this webinar is to provide you with a general understanding of when and why your organization would need either HIPAA or ISO, and how both frameworks overlap. It will also show you how to leverage your existing program to apply to either the HIPAA or OSHA framework.
- HIPAA and to whom it applies
- Who needs to be compliant and who needs to certify
- Management system to support HIPAA compliance
- Willy Fabritius – Global Head of Strategy & Business Development, Information Security, SGS
- Paul Redding – VP of Partner Engagement & Cybersecurity, Compliance Group
- Victoria Sheer – Account Manager, Compliance Group
Can’t Make a Live Session?
Register now and receive a complimentary recording after the live event.
For further information, please contact:
t: +1 201 508 3065