Consumer Goods and Retail China – CCC Toy Certification
Import toys to China with China Compulsory Certification (CCC) support services from SGS.
Toys imported to China are subject to mandatory certification requirements, either under the CCC certification program, or national (GB) standards and technical specifications.
What is the CCC certification process?
- Application for certification and supporting materials submitted
- Initial factory inspection – carried out by a CNCA Designated Certification Body (DTB)
- For toy vehicles – sampling and testing – carried out by a CNCA Designated Test Laboratory (DTL)
For all other toys – declaration of conformity – a CNCA DTL will test product samples
- Evaluation of certification results, and approval/rejection of certification application
- Follow-up inspection – successful applications will be subject to annual follow-up inspections
Which toys require CCC certification?
Toys requiring CCC certification fall into six categories:
- Vehicles (bicycles, tricycles, strollers, baby walkers, toy bicycles, electrical ride on toys, and other toys vehicles)
- Battery operated toys (battery operated toys, video toys, toys that produce sound and light)
- Dolls (baby dolls, character dolls, body with outfits or made of soft stuffed material, at least head and limbs made from non-textile materials)
- Plastic toys (toys without motion, toys with driving non-electrical mechanism) excluding inflatable toys, mouth actuated toys, stationary and aquatic toys
- Metal toys (toys without motion, toys with driving non-electrical mechanism) excluding stationary and aquatic toys
- Projectile toys (with stored energy, without stored energy) excluding catapults, darts with metal tips, compressed air guns and bows longer than 120 cm
Toys in these categories must also comply with relevant national standards and technical specifications.
Other toys do not require CCC certification, but can be randomly inspected by AQSIA to verify their compliance to national standards and technical specifications.
At SGS our experts, and global network of toy testing laboratories, can help you to prepare and to bring safe and compliant toys to the Chinese market. Consultation and preparation services include:
- Product reviews
- Labeling reviews
- Pre-testing – to verify compliance
- Testing of toys outside the scope of CCC certification
Why choose SGS toy services?
Our expertise can smooth your path to market. With a global network of state-of-the-art toy testing laboratories, we can help to ensure that your toys qualify and you can request the required certification marks.
Contact SGS to find out what safety requirements apply to your toys for China and how we can help.