US national trade organization, the Juvenile Products Manufacturer’s Association (JPMA), developed the JPMA Certification Program in response to increasing regulation and scrutiny of juvenile products. Based on conformance with the American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM) and Federal Regulations (e.g. CFR and CPSIA) this program incorporates the requirements of some major retailers. It also focuses on upstream testing in manufacturing and pre-market certification of children’s products.
What are the benefits of JPMA certification?
Manufacturers, buyers and retailers choosing JPMA certification will benefit from our independent and JPMA approved third-party testing labs. Meeting the JPMA standard demonstrates your commitment to consumer safety and helps to build confidence in your products and brand.
The JPMA Certification Program:
- Offers a more comprehensive and logical flow of testing
- Appeals to retailers and to both small and large manufacturers
- Sets a standard level accepted by government and retailers
- Reduces testing duplication and redundancy – with JPMA you can fulfill multiple retailer requirements in one testing program, saving time and money
- Increases consumer and retailer confidence through third-party testing
- JPMA Certification Seal (that can be affixed on products and packaging) has a strong recognition by consumers – it shows that products have met the highest safety standards
JPMA approved partner testing lab
SGS is a JPMA approved partner testing laboratory – we have the largest test lab for JPMA certification. With decades of experience and a global network of juvenile products experts, we are committed to supporting all your testing needs and keeping you abreast of changes in the industry.
Make SGS your JPMA test lab of choice. Contact us today to find out how we can help you to demonstrate that your products meet the requirements of the JPMA Certification Program.