Non-destructive testing, using technology such as 3D scanners, laser trackers, portable CMMs and metrology software, is becoming increasingly useful to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and Tier 1 operators in the transport and industrial sectors.
Such technology can save time and expense at all stages of production, from the initial development phases through quality control in manufacturing, to type approval and compliance with legal specifications.
With our highly trained professionals and innovative technology, SGS has become one of the world’s leading providers of portable metrology testing services, with particular expertise in the area of 3D industrial measurements.
SGS Advanced Metrology Solutions (AMS)
SGS AMS specialize in 3D metrology precision services and technical measurement processes. Our staff are experienced and highly qualified and undergo continuous training to stay up to date with the latest technology and advancements.
Our AMS team comprises:
- Metrology engineers with specific academic training in industrial measurements who can plan and execute advanced measurement strategies
- Laser operators with specific training in tooling measurements and installation with laser tracker and portable systems
- Assemblers with training in industrial maintenance, adjustment, tooling and assembly with laser trackers
SGS Non-Destructive Testing Services
We offer the following non-destructive tests, testing services and training for manufacturers and industry professionals:
- Industrial measurements
- Assembly, tool verification
- Dimensional inspection, probing and scanning
- Verification of products, elementary parts and structural assemblies
- Machinery calibration and setting
- Robot calibration
- Dimensional support to the assembly of aerostructures and CAD model
- Measurements and assembly with master gauges and optical instruments
- Tooling transfer
- Digitization and reverse engineering
- Rebuild classic designs by moving them to new technologies as well as generate lost design documentation to keep them up to date with 3D scanning
- Tooling maintenance
- Planning and conducting periodic reviews and daily maintenance
- Carrying out repairs and modifications highlighted during revisions and daily maintenance
- Quality assurance and complete document management including all reports and quality statements
- Quality engineering
- Technical consulting for the control and maintenance of production lines
- Configuration control
- Evaluation of assembly processes using simulation techniques
- Development of specific applications for the integration of dimensional control into production processes
- Generation of specific installations and reception of tooling
- Specific training in dimensional engineering
- Training with spatial analyzer and other measurement software
- Dimensional control with optical instruments
- Spatial analyzer (metrology software)
- Metrology accessories and stands
Why choose SGS non-destructive testing services?
SGS is the world’s leading testing and verification company. We offer unrivalled experience in non-destructive testing with particular expertise in 3D industrial measurements.