Transportation Structural Testing
Analyze component and system level fatigue, strength and durability with specialized structural testing and analysis from SGS.
Why choose SGS for your structural testing needs?
Our structural testing data can help you:
- Determine component or system strength by performing structural testing to failure
- Identify the relationship between the stress range and the number of times it can be applied before causing failure
- Fulfil specific engineering requirements
- Gain support for analytical engineering
- Validate finite element analysis (FEA) or model predictions
Unrivalled experience from a leading structural testing provider
As the world’s leading testing, verification, inspection and certification company, we offer you extensive expertise and experience in structural testing. We have successfully completed thousands of structural and fatigue tests on items ranging in size and complexity from simple coupons to complex body structures and suspension components.
We have a wide-range of tools and methods available to help test the strength of your product, including:
- Custom frames
- Custom fixtures
- Hydraulic actuators
- Servo-controlled load applications
- Pressure-controlled load applications
- Strain gauge data acquisition
- 1000-gallons-per-minute (GPM) centralized hydraulic power unit
- Channels of MTS and Shore Western controls
- Actuators supporting heavy loads for ultimate strength testing or fatigue testing
We provide a wide range of generic test fixtures that can adapt to your components, reducing fixture cost and expediting test set-up. We also have the engineering and design capability to design and fabricate specialized test fixtures to test nearly any type of component.
To discuss your structural testing requirements, contact us today.