Trade CB Scheme
As a CB Scheme member SGS can get you closer to the 'one product, one test, one mark worldwide' ideal that manufacturers and retailers long for.
The IECEE CB Scheme is an international system for mutual acceptance of CB test reports and certificates covering the safety of electrical and electronic products and components. The IEC CB is a multilateral scheme among participating countries and certification organizations, based on the use of international (IEC) standards. It allows manufacturers that obtained a CB certificate from a National Certification Body (NCB) to obtain a certification mark from another NCB which is recognized in the country where that NCB is located.
Products covered by the CB Scheme include
- Cables and cords
- Switches for appliances
- Automatic controls for electrical household appliances
- Electrical equipment for medical use
- IT and office equipment
- Measuring instruments
- Electric toys
- Portable tools
- Household and similar equipment
- Safety transformers and similar equipment
- Installation accessories and connection devices
- Installation protective equipment
- Low voltage, high power switching equipment, etc.
Conditions for obtaining a CB Certificate
Applications for a CB Test Report and Certificate can be submitted to NCBs accredited for the relevant IEC Standard and they may cover one or more factories in one or more countries where the product is manufactured.
Upon receiving a CB certificate, the procedure for obtaining a Product Certification for the desired target market includes:
- An application at the NCB in the target market
- Submission of the CB test certificate
- Submission of the CB test report including supplements on national differences, if applicable
- A product sample, if requested by the NCB
SGS has achieved NCB status in multiple countries and our global network of testing laboratories is qualified to test electrical and electronic products to various CB Scheme standards.
Contact SGS and obtain your CB certificate to ensure your products access to more markets than ever before.