Mining Sample Preparation
Sample preparation includes all of the steps taken in the laboratory to render a sample into a form that is suitable for chemical analysis. Correct sample preparation results in sub-samples that are representative of the total sample.
- +41 22 739 91 11
SGS is committed to providing preparation procedures that yield meaningful, reliable data obtained after analysis. We provide sample preparation for a wide range of materials including rocks, ores, heavy minerals, sediments and solids, humus, vegetation, water, process and recycled materials.
SGS uses industry standard procedures combined with our technical expertise when we prepare your samples. We offer a variety of crushing and pulverizing options. Our skilled laboratory staff can help you to choose the best option, depending on the sample type, mineralogy and your element of interest.
SGS can provide:
Sample Pick Up and Handling
- Sample collection / pick up
- Pre-preparation processing, sorting, logging, boxing, etc
- Weighing samples and reporting weights
Sample Preparation Packages
- Dry, fine pulverize to a nominal 75µm using bowl-and-puck equipment
- Dry, crush, split pulverize to a nominal 75µm
- Dry, jaw crush to -6mm, fine pulverize to a nominal 75µm using bowl-and-puck equipment
- Dry, crush to 75% passing through a 2mm screen, subsample 250g and pulverize to 85% passing through a 75µm screen
- Dry, crush to 90% passing through a 2 mm screen, subsample 250g and pulverize to 85% passing through a 75µm screen
Sample Return and Retention
- Return of residue samples
- Return of pulp samples
- Storage of pulps
- Storage of rejects for 30 days
- Composite samples
- Barren flush or wash (used to clean pulverizers and thus avoid cross contamination)
Call us today to find out more.