Life Sciences Glycosylation Site Analysis
Glycosylation site analysis from SGS – determine the population profile of the N-glycans or O-glycans present at each glycosylation site in a glycoprotein
- +41 22 739 91 11
Our glycosylation site analysis offers you vital information that can be used in all stages of drug development. This analysis provides a detailed picture of the glycan population present at each glycosylation site.
Why choose glycosylation site analysis from SGS?
We offer analytical services to help you:
- Screen glycoproteins manufactured using different cell lines
- Identify unusual glycosylation profiles
- Determine occupancy of glycosylation sites
- Assess the population profile of the N-glycans or O-glycans present at each glycosylation site in a glycoprotein with effective glycan structure analysis
- Demonstrate consistency between batches for release during the manufacturing process
- Meet International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use ICH Q6B requirements for characterization and confirmation of biopharmaceuticals for new marketing applications
Trusted glycosylation site analysis from the leading provider
As the world’s leading provider of testing and analysis, we offer you extensive experience in glycosylation site analysis. Plus, with unrivaled technical and regulatory expertise, and a unique global network, we are the first choice for drug developers the world over.
Glycosylation sites are initially identified as part of a peptide mapping study using Liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC-MS). Glycosylation at each individual site is then characterized following release of the glycans from each purified glycopeptide using a range of effective techniques, including:
- Molecular ion data from Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization Mass Spectrometry (MALDI-MS)
- Fragment ion information from Electrospray Mass Spectrometry (ES-MS)
- Chromatographic profiles from High Performance Anion Exchange Chromatography with Pulsed Amperometric Detection (HPAEC-PAD)
- Hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection (HILIC-FLD)
To find out more about our glycosylation site analysis, contact us today.