Consumer Goods and Retail Construction Analysis
Failure analysis from SGS evaluates the inherent design and construction of your microelectronic device to ensure its ongoing quality and reliability.
At SGS our construction analysis service offers a thorough evaluation of your device, from the quality of its assembly, the critical dimensions of all structures, right down to material elemental composition and the dopant distribution. Many manufacturers use this failure analysis service regularly to ensure the ongoing quality and reliability of their products.
Why carry out construction analysis?
In addition to assessing the overall quality and output of your product and identifying failure of materials, you can use this service in order to avoid failures and to improve your yield. We can also carry out construction analysis if you want to compare products, identify deviations from contractual requirements or monitor process changes.
Our experts work with high-performance equipment in specialist labs that can provide all your fabrication analysis needs. As a market leader we offer a wide range of specialist microelectronics services, meaning that you can trust our expertise in analyzing your product down to the smallest detail.
In this analysis we carry out:
- External light optical inspection
- Non-destructive analysis by X-ray microscopy or computer tomography (CT) and scanning acoustic microscopy (SAM)
- Package cross-sectioning
- Package decapsulation
- Internal inspection of the integrated circuits (IC)
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) and Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) cross-sectioning to determine all dimensions
- Material analysis
- Dopant profiling by secondary ion mass spectrometry (SIMS) and spreading resistance profiling (SRP)
Contact SGS to find out how construction analysis can help you improve and maintain the quality and reliability of your products.