Agriculture and Food Emergency Response Services - Food
SGS provides emergency response services that help you deal efficiently and safely with incidents that threaten the public in some way.
- +41 22 739 91 11
Thanks to our global network, we operate in over 60 languages and offer emergency response planning and related services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
At any stage along the supply chain, our food safety emergency response teams can provide rapid food testing services, as well as the following emergency response management services:
- Product, factory, store or restaurant inspections and audits
- Review of existing emergency plans and procedures, including mock recalls
- Factory, in-store and restaurant sampling
- Monitoring and verification of product recalls
- Testing – including microbiological and chemical
These services are particularly important in circumstances where actions are needed immediately to determine the correct response (e.g. to stop a shipment, shut down a production line and/or issue a recall notice). The situations that may generate such a response include those where:
- A food product is suspected of being contaminated by chemicals, food-borne pathogens or an allergen
- A foreign object has been discovered within the product
- An issue arises with the labeling of a product and/or its packaging case, before exportation or importation
- A product is detained by a government agency at the border/point of import
- A customer has reported a potential food-borne illness relating to your product
Wherever and whenever an incident occurs involving a health or safety risk, you can call upon our dedicated local team(s) of responders to offer a prompt and efficient response. Each team member has received comprehensive emergency response training and can help support your business, safeguard your customers and protect the general public.