Sustainable and Efficient Short Flow Production Testing for a Leading Onshore Operator
A leading onshore operator historically performed short flow production testing (liquid evaluation testing) with traditional test separator-based well test packages.
These equipment packages comprised multiple 40ft trailers and associated vehicles with a lengthy rig up/rig down period.
Additionally, this solution required a full bore tie in, resulting in potential production deferment with the potential for flaring of associated gas.
The operator sought an alternate technique for the short flow production testing of steady state wells that met the following criteria:
- Minimal logistical and personnel footprint
- No associated gas flaring requirements
- Non-invasive measurement
- Accuracy within 10%
- 24-48 hour turnaround time for results
SGS assessed the challenge and recognized the need for a more environmentally sustainable and operationally efficient technology option. We designed and deployed a multiphase measurement system based on the principle of tracer dilution. This offered:
- Reduced logistical and environmental footprint
- Accurate spot of 3-phase flow rates and CGR/WGR data with no full bore tie in required
- Quick reporting, within 24-48 hours
- Accuracy typically within 5%