Ensure the best wood and wood fiber product standards with the SGS due diligence service.
Our due diligence services help to map your supply chain and assess the conformity of products with legal and sustainability requirements.
Our portfolio of solutions and global network of forestry and timber experts support you to mitigate risks through forestry certification, chain of custody (COC) auditing, digital tools and timber analyses, among other services.
Why choose the wood and wood fiber product due diligence system from SGS?
We help you to:
- Implement a due diligence system to assess conformity with legal and sustainability requirements
- Assure your compliance with the EU Timber Regulation, Australian Illegal Logging Prohibition Act, US Lacey Act and other timber trading regulations
- Mitigate risks with a portfolio of tools, including:
- Supply chain mapping (Transparency-One)
- Forest management certification
- COC certifications
- ISO 38220 – COC certification of wood and wood-based products
- Wood fiber analyses
- Avoid sourcing unacceptable materials, such as:
- Illegally harvested wood
- Harvested wood violating traditional human rights
- Wood from forests where high conservation values are threatened by management activities
- Wood from forests being converted to plantations or non-forest use
- Wood from forests where genetically modified trees are planted
Trusted Services From an FSC™- and PEFC-accredited Certification Company
As a world-leading inspection, testing, verification and certification company, we offer you in-depth expertise in forestry and timber certification and verification services.
We are an FSC and PEFC certification body for forestry management and supply chains. We have issued more than 10,000 certificates for these standards globally. Moreover, we are recognized as a Monitoring Organization by the European Commission (EC).
Our knowledge and expertise of these services allow us to provide unrivaled assurance that your wood and wood fiber products meet confidence and sustainability expectations.