Gain the knowledge and skills to conduct internal audits for environmental management systems (EMS) based on ISO 14001:2015.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to perform an internal audit of part of an EMS based on ISO 14001:2015, to report on its effective implementation and maintenance in accordance with ISO 19011, and to contribute to the EMS’s continual improvement.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the process-based EMS model for ISO 14001:2015, and the role of internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of environmental management systems, with reference to the plan-do-check-act (PDCA) cycle
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor in the planning, conduct, reporting and follow up of an internal EMS audit, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 where appropriate
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up on an internal audit of part of an EMS based on ISO 14001:2015, and in accordance with ISO/IEC 17021-1, where appropriate
In order to adapt to your learning style and needs, this course is available as Classroom Based, Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) or eLearning. Depending on the selected method, this course can be delivered over 2 days, 16 hours or 105 minutes self-paced and will conclude with an exam, where applicable.
If attending the CQI/IRCA certified course (2134-PT 218) you will be required to pass both the examination and continuous assessment and will be issued with a Certificate of Achievement that satisfies the formal training for an individual seeking certification as a CQI/IRCA internal auditor. This certificate is valid for a period of five years from the date of the exam for the purpose of certifying as an auditor with the CQI/IRCA.
Attendees of the SGS Approved version of the course, will be issued with a certificate on final completion.
Before starting the course, you are expected to have prior knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001, which may be gained by completing a CQI/IRCA certified EMS foundation training course, and of the concept of environmentally sustainable development including:
- The purpose of an initial review as the basis for establishing an EMS and the evaluation and establishment of activities, products and services associated with normal, abnormal and emergency operating conditions
- Considerations of environmental aspects and maintenance of ecosystems (watercourses, SSSIs, etc.) with respect to:
- Emission and/or release to air, water and land, and energy lost e.g. heat, radiation, vibration, steam and compressed air
- Use of raw materials, natural resources and energy
- Public nuisance such as light pollution, noise, vibration and odor
- Environmental legislation and how legal compliance forms part of an EMS
- Methods for evaluation of significant impacts of the environmental aspects identified and how their ranking influences operations and improvement priorities
Trusted ISO 14001 Training from a Leading Course Provider
As a leader in professional training, we draw on years of global experience. Our courses are delivered in multiple languages and locations by approved tutors, specialists in the area who can support you on your professional journey.
Contact us today to enroll on the SGS Academy ISO 14001 EMS internal auditor training course.