Ensure quality, safety and compliance with comprehensive contaminant testing solutions in line with market requirements.
A wide variety of substances are restricted in food products. To ensure safety and compliance, products should always be tested. However, the process is complex, involving an ever-changing landscape of regulatory standards and voluntary agreements. Proactive businesses must stay informed to ensure their products remain compliant to protect their customers and brand.
We offer comprehensive food contaminant testing and consultancy solutions to manufacturers and retailers all over the world. Our global network of industry-leading experts and state-of-the-art testing facilities support the detection and identification of food-borne diseases and chemical, microbiological and physical food hazards. This allows for a reduce in their presence while ensuring products meet relevant regulations.
Our food contaminant testing services cover a wide range of restricted substances including:
- Agrochemicals such as pesticides and their residues
- Fraud related contaminants (melamine, illegal dyes)
- Heavy metals and radioactive elements
- Mineral Oils (MOSH, MOAH)
- Mycotoxins and natural plant toxins
- Persistent organic pollutants (POPs) such as Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), Dioxins, Perfluorinated Organic Compounds (PFAS, PFOS)
- Process contaminants (such as acrylamide, MCPDs)
- Veterinary drug residues
SGS is recognized as the benchmark for quality and integrity in food contaminant testing. Wherever you operate in the world, our solutions help you to minimize risk in your supply chain while ensuring compliance with regulations covering raw materials, semi-manufactured foods and final products.
Looking for something specific?
Search within Food Contaminants