To determine your sample, an aggressive decomposition technique may be required. The decomposition technique can dissolve your sample into a liquid phase, which is required for most analytical instruments.
We provide digestion and fusion geochemical sample preparation to get the high-quality results you need. We work with you to evaluate your requirements and help you to select the digestion or fusion most appropriate for your samples, such as:
- Two-acid digest/aqua regia digest (partial digest for most elements)
- Multi-acid (4-acid) digest (near total digest)
- Fusion (total digest)
Why choose digestion and fusion geochemical sample preparation from SGS?
We enable you to:
- Access effective digestion and fusion sample preparation
- Get a solution that is tailored to your project needs
- Gain the high-quality analysis needed to make informed decisions about your project and mineral investments
We are the world's leading testing, inspection and certification company, recognized as the global benchmark for sustainability, quality and integrity.
When you need to be sure of procedures, protocols and laboratory practice, we offer an unrivaled global network of expertise and experience.
The digestion technique used depends on the end use of the data. Fusion involves the total digestion of the sample in molten flux, followed by dissolution in diluted acid. The type of flux used depends on the type of sample, the element(s) of interest being analyzed, and the instrument being used for analysis.
For more information on our digestion and fusion sample preparation, take a look at our Geochemistry Guide, or contact us today to discuss your requirements.