Verify your commitment to minimizing waste and progressing further toward sustainable development with the SGS Zero Waste to Landfill Standard.
Zero Waste is a holistic continuous improvement process. It refers to the conservation of resources through the responsible production, consumption, reuse and recovery of products, packaging and materials.
The verification process
Our verification process is straightforward and can be applied either to your site alone or your site and waste treatment facilities.
- Desktop review
- Kick off meeting
- Data request
- Risk analysis
- Data verification
- Site visit
- Verification of waste inventory
- Traceability of waste
- Findings are discussed during the closing meeting
- Closing the findings
- Technical review
- Independent review of the complete verification file
- Reports and verification statement
- Verification statement and report
- Executive summary with identified improvement opportunities
- SGS Zero Waste to Landfill Mark
List of verified clients
|Country||Client name||Verified site(s)||% diverted waste|
|Colombia||Papeles Nacionales SA||Vía Pereira- Cartago, Paraje la Marina, Puerto Caldas||81%|