Evaluate your business management systems throughout the railway supply chain with International Railway Industry Standard (IRIS) certification services based on ISO/TS 22163 from SGS.
Developed by the Association of European Railway Industry (UNIFE), IRIS is a common, global method for evaluating business management systems throughout the railway supply chain. It is based on ISO 9001 (quality management systems, QMS) and tailored to the international railway industry's specific requirements.
Mandatory for the rolling stock and signaling sectors since 2009, IRIS regulations and guidelines offer transparency for auditing railway suppliers and apply to equipment and component suppliers.
Our experienced auditors provide in-depth knowledge of the industry and its certification standards to guide you to IRIS certification.
Why choose IRIS certification services from SGS?
Our IRIS audit, certification and training services enable you to:
- Develop your railway QMS
- Assess your railway QMS against IRIS requirements
- Confirm compliance with the IRIS certification standard
- Improve performance and knowledge
- Appeal to new markets
- Demonstrate your commitment to quality and safety
IRIS certification services from a trusted world leader
As the world’s leading certification, testing, verification and inspection company, we provide in-depth expertise in IRIS certification requirements.
These requirements are integral to participating companies' management systems and provide key benefits for:
- Improve quality of production sites
- Simplify the process for evaluating and approving suppliers
- Remove the need for own-approval audits
- Access accurate and reliable data from one common IRIS web database
- Enter and update your data on the IRIS platform
- Make verification information available to all system integrators and prospective clients
- Ensure higher visibility in the industry
- Save time and money with a single application for certification (ISO 9001 and IRIS)
- Ensure improvements across your entire supply chain
- Enhance railway equipment and rolling stock systems
Contact SGS today to find out more about our IRIS certification services.