Reduce your carbon footprint, comply with regulations and meet disclosure requirements.
Steady increases in the level of greenhouse gases (GHG) in the atmosphere are adding considerable and unprecedented stress to the environment. Frequent flooding, rising sea levels and shifting weather patterns are just a few evident consequences.
SGS Greenhouse Gas Emissions Solutions
We started developing specialist GHG verification and advisory services in 1998, following the adoption of the Kyoto Protocol. Our services consider all aspects of a business’s approach to GHG and can be used by companies and operations of all sizes, from SMEs to large global conglomerates across all industry segments.
We offer services relating to:
- Compliance verification – verification is performed under our ISO 14065 accreditation for a range of local, regional and global emissions schemes. Our credentials and sector specific experience in mandatory schemes are based on a track record of providing verification services in the European Union Emissions Trading System (EU ETS)
- Disclosure and reporting – we provide GHG emissions inventories and product verification against internationally accepted standards and a client’s own methodologies, including ISO 14064-1, GHG Protocol, PAS 2060 and PAS 2050. Our pragmatic approach helps you continuously improve your monitoring and reporting of GHG emissions
- Carbon footprints – the first step for any business. Our advisory services help you:
- Develop a verifiable organizational or product carbon footprint
- Identify cost saving opportunities via the development of low carbon business strategies and a GHG emissions’ reduction roadmap
Climate Change Programme
Statement of Impartiality
SGS understands the importance of impartiality and potential conflicts of interests in carrying out its GHG validation, verification and certification activities.
SGS has a compliance program, based on its Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct, to ensure that the highest standards of integrity are applied to all its activities worldwide in accordance with international best practice.
We conduct an annual risk assessment on impartiality and conflict of interest, which is reviewed, where appropriate and required by the Accreditation, by an impartiality committee of the Accredited Affiliate. This is an independent committee made up of members representing our key interests.
Conflict of Interest and objectivity is further covered through annual training sessions and contractually binding agreements, to ensure all GHG validation, verification and certification activities are conducted in an independent and impartial manner.
Why choose SGS?
As a world leader in verification, inspection, testing and certification, we are the first choice for companies looking to manage their GHG emissions. Our global network of experts offers a variety of training solutions, from simple one-day modules on GHG accounting principles to comprehensive four-day courses on GHG emissions verification. These can be offered both in-house and at one of our SGS Academies.
Partnering with SGS means local know-how backed by international experience.
To learn more about greenhouse gas emissions solutions, contact your local