This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to carry out risk management processes, including planning, identifying hazards and assessing risk, and developing and implementing risk controls in the mining, drilling and civil infrastructure industries.
What will you learn?
On completion of this training course, you will know how to:
- Facilitate risk assessment exercises for others
- Provide instruction and supervision to those involved in carrying out the risk management process
- Identify hazards
- Apply hazard analysis to identify risk
- Select and implement appropriate hazard and risk treatments using the hierarchy of controls to reduce unacceptable risk
- Seek advice and clarify findings for unacceptable risks
- Communicate relevant outcomes, work procedures and requirements for managing risks to all involved parties
- Prepare written risk assessment documentation and reports
- Plan and prepare for implementing the risk management process
- Identifying hazards and assessing risk
- Assessment of workplace risks and identification of unacceptable risk levels
- Identification of potential actions and development of risk controls
- Implementation and evaluation of risk control
- Auditing the risk management process
- Completion of records
It is recommended that participants have completed the Site Safety Supervisor (S123/G189) course; however, this is not mandatory.
You must have language, literacy and numeracy skills at the level required to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documentation relevant to the training.
- Identifying and interpreting information from workplace procedures, policies, documentation and systems
- Producing and completing workplace reports, including risk management matrices, using appropriate vocabulary, grammatical structures and conventions
- Presenting information or assistance using industry specific vocabulary
- Listening and questioning to clarify and confirm understanding
If you have language, literacy and/or numeracy difficulties or other special needs, please inform our training support staff prior to enrolling to discuss our available support services.
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for anyone working in a supervisory role who oversees and audits the risk assessment process.
Course duration: 1 day
Delivery methodology: face to face
Participants who successfully complete both the written and practical course requirements will be issued a Statement of Attainment for RIIRIS402E - Carry Out the Risk Management Process.
Each work site may have its own refresher period requirements. Please check with the work site where you will be working.
Trusted Training from a Leading Course Provider
As a world leader in professional training, drawing on years of worldwide experience and a unique global reach, we offer the best in professional development training. Our courses cover a wide range of industries and are taught by experts in their fields. We provide training for the world’s largest companies and government organisations.
This course is Nationally Recognised training delivered by SGS Australia Pty Ltd RTO# 2646.