This course is designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to apply risk management processes in the mining, drilling and civil infrastructure industries. It covers planning and preparing for risk management, identifying and assessing unacceptable risk, identifying and recommending risk controls, contributing to the implementation of risk controls and reviewing risk management documentation.
What will you learn?
On completion of this training course, you will know how to:
- Apply planning and organising skills to the risk management processes
- Identify or source criteria for determining unacceptable risk
- Identify and recognise the type and scope of hazards and their impact
- Assess and determine the consequences, likelihood and level of potential risk
- Identify unacceptable risk using the ‘acceptable/unacceptable’ criteria
- Assess options for appropriate controls and implement them accordingly
- Identify and obtain required resources
- Prepare and maintain written records and report requirements
- Review risk management documentation
- Identify and recommend controls
- Contribute to the implementation of controls
- Legislation, regulations and standards
- Hazard identification
- Hazard sources and factors
- Risk management documentation
- Risk and risk management plans
- Forms of risk assessment
- Assessing risk
- Likelihood and consequences of risk
- Residual risk
- Risk mitigation and implementing controls
- Hierarchy of controls
- Monitoring risk
You must have language, literacy and numeracy skills at the level required to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documentation relevant to the training.
- Identifying and interpreting information from workplace procedures, policies, documentation and systems
- Producing and completing workplace reports, including risk management matrices, using appropriate vocabulary, grammatical structures and conventions
- Presenting information or assistance using industry specific vocabulary
- Listening and questioning to clarify and confirm understanding
If you have language, literacy and/or numeracy difficulties or other special needs, please inform our training support staff prior to enrolling to discuss our available support services.
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for anyone who:
- Contributes to applying risk management, including employers, line managers, supervisors, safety representatives and employees
- Carries out or assists in carrying out risk assessments in the workplace
Course duration: 1 day
Delivery methodology: face to face
Participants who successfully complete both the written and practical course requirements will be issued a Statement of Attainment for RIIRIS301E - Apply Risk Management Processes.
Each work site may have its own refresher period requirements. Please check with the work site where you will be working.
Trusted Training from a Leading Course Provider
As a world leader in professional training, drawing on years of worldwide experience and a unique global reach, we offer the best in professional development training. Our courses cover a wide range of industries and are taught by experts in their fields. We provide training for the world’s largest companies and government organisations.
This course is Nationally Recognised training delivered by SGS Australia Pty Ltd RTO# 2646.