Transportation Rail Assessment and Auditing Services
Rail assessment and auditing services from SGS – independent scrutiny and assessment of your safety-critical products and processes for the railway industry.
Whether you are a transportation company, a rolling stock company (ROSCO), a supplier or operator, your customers demand independent assessment of your products and processes. We can review your railway industry processes and products to ensure they meet all quality and regulatory requirements.
Why choose rail assessment and auditing services from SGS?
We can help you to:
- Ensure that you have adequate systems, processes, competences, resources and procedures
- Assess the output of your processes for compliance and suitability with a non-legislative independent technical review
- Ensure that your processes are being followed correctly with an independent audit to verify process application
- Determine whether your processes and products meet quality and regulatory requirements
- Gain expert advice on process optimization and legislation
Trusted rail assessment and auditing services from a leading supplier
In 2011, we acquired Correl Rail, a leading provider of services for the rail industry and the only fully independent UK-based notified body. As a result, we can now serve the whole rail industry. We are also at the heart of European rolling stock certification practice development through our involvement on both national committees and our role as technical secretariat of the Notified Body Rail Sub-Group for Rolling Stock.
With our global reach, we can provide you with rail assessment and auditing services wherever your operations are based in the world.
We are accredited by the Rail Safety and Standards Board as a Railway Industry Supplier Approval Body (RISAB). As such, we offer you in-depth knowledge of risk in a railway environment, including appropriate technical and assessment competence.
Our rail assessment and auditing services can include:
- Assessments, such as compliance of processes, products, design, testing, safety management systems and staff competency
- Audits of processes, including design, manufacture, safety management and quality
- Audits of software development processes against SIL levels for tilt control, brake control, traction control and door systems
- Supplier and sub-supplier audits
- Maintenance depot assessment
- Product audits, including body shells (steel and aluminum), bogies, auxiliaries and doors
- Process improvement audits and damper overhaul
- Assessment of insurance claim tenders from manufacturers and refurbishment companies
To find out more about our rail assessment and auditing services, contact us today.