Certify and demonstrate the conformity of your data processing activities with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and complementary data protection regulations with the Europrivacy Data Protection Certification Scheme.
Customer retention is a vital part of any business strategy. Companies in all industrial sectors use personal data to enhance communication and improve relationships with their customers. The need to protect personal data has led to the European Union introducing GDPR, which is followed by many other jurisdictions.
GDPR applies to all businesses processing personal data linked to European citizens, regardless of where the companies are based. It asserts the right of the individual to control their personal data and requires businesses to comply with a wide range of obligations. Failure to comply with the requirements of GDPR can result in fines of up to 4% of global annual turnover or €20 million – whichever is greater. This constitutes a major legal and financial risk for any company active on the European market.
Europrivacy is a hybrid scheme developed by the European research programme. It is compatible with both ISO 17065 and 170211-1 and enables GDPR conformity assessment and certification.
- Applies to a wide range of data processing activities
- Can be extended to complementary national data protection regulations
- Can be combined with ISO 27001 certification
- Covers emerging technologies, such as AI, smart cities, IoT, and blockchain.
SGS has been selected and qualified as a Europrivacy official partner by the European Centre for Certification and Privacy.
Application of this scheme provides a variety of benefits to organizations, including:
- A systematic check and demonstration of their GDPR compliance
- Competitive advantage and easier access to the EU market
- Mitigation against legal, financial and reputational risks caused by non-compliance
- Increased stakeholder confidence in your company
Why choose SGS?
Europrivacy enables our clients to:
- Identify and reduce legal and financial risks through Europrivacy audit and gap analysis
- Improve reputation and access to market through Europrivacy GDPR certification
- Build trust and confidence through continuous updates and monitoring
Trusted Data Protection Certification from an Official Europrivacy Partner
As the world’s leading provider of certification and verification services, we help you assess and certify your GDPR and data protection compliance. We provide end-to-end services that will guide you through compliance and certification, enabling your business to embrace digital transformation while respecting personal data regulations.
Contact SGS to initiate your Europrivacy Data Protection Certification and demonstrate your GDPR compliance.