Risk Management EuroPrivacy Data Protection Certification
Optimize data protection and achieve GDPR compliance with the SGS EuroPrivacy Data Protection Certification Scheme.
Customer retention is a vital part of any business strategy. Companies in all industrial sectors use personal data to enhance communication and improve relationships with their customers. The need to protect personal data has led to the European Union introducing its General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
GDPR applies to all businesses processing personal data linked to European citizens, regardless of where the companies are based. It asserts the right of the individual to control their personal data and requires businesses to comply with a wide range of obligations. Failure to comply with the requirements of GDPR can result in fines of up to 4% of global annual turnover or €20 million – whichever is greater. This constitutes a major legal and financial risk for any company active on the European market.
SGS works with EuroPrivacy, a comprehensive GDPR certification scheme managed by the European Center for Certification and Privacy, to provide Data Protection Certification – assisting businesses in assessing and demonstrating compliance with the applicable data protection regulations.
EuroPrivacy provides a comprehensive certification scheme that enables:
- Certification of products, services and information management systems
- Consideration of complementary national data protection regulations
- Combination of EuroPrivacy certification with ISO 27001 certification
- Assessment of emerging technologies (smart cities, IoT, big data, etc.)
- Compliance with ISO 17021-1 and ISO 17065
Application of this scheme provides a variety of benefits to organizations, including:
- A systematic check and demonstration of their GDPR compliance
- Easier and fair access to the EU market
- Mitigation against legal, financial and reputational risks caused by non-compliance
- Increased stakeholder confidence in your company
Why choose SGS?
As the world’s leading provider of certification and verification services, SGS experts will help you understand GDPR compliance, data protection and risk reduction. We provide end-to-end services that will guide you through compliance and certification, enabling your business to benefit from an optimized and compliant customer database system.
Contact SGS to initiate your Data Protection Certification and be GDPR compliant.
Providing data-driven insights across industry trends, in this issue of Quality Insights, our expert authors explore the latest trends across multiple industries, highlighting the challenges and opportunities.