Risk Management EuroPrivacy Data Protection Certification
Optimize data protection and achieve GDPR compliance with the SGS EuroPrivacy Data Protection Certification Scheme.
Customer retention is a vital part of any business strategy. Companies in all industrial sectors use personal data to enhance communication and improve relationships with their customers. The need to protect an individual’s data has led to the European Union introducing its General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
GDPR applies to all businesses operating inside the EU, regardless of where they are based. It asserts the right of the individual to control their personal data and requires businesses to acknowledge this right and ensure all information is kept secure. Failure to comply with the requirements of GDPR can result in fines of up to 4% of global annual turnover or €20 million – whichever is greater.
SGS works with EuroPrivacy, a certification scheme managed by the European Center for Certification and Privacy, to provide Data Protection Certification – assisting businesses in complying with the Data Protection Certification Scheme.
Application of this scheme provides a variety of benefits to organizations, including:
- Compliance to GDPR national and international obligations
- Regulatory compliance that can be combined with ISO 27001, ISO 17021-1 and ISO 17065
- Ability to address emerging technologies (smart cities, IoT, big data, etc.)
- Increased efficiency for SMEs
- Protection of EU companies in non-EU territories
- Easier access to EU markets for non-EU companies
- Mitigation against legal, financial and reputational risks caused by non-compliance
- Increased stakeholder confidence in your company
Why Choose SGS?
As the world’s leading provider of certification and verification services, SGS experts will help you understand GDPR compliance, data protection and risk-reduction. We provide end-to-end services that will guide you through compliance and certification, enabling your business to benefit from an optimized and compliant customer database system.
Contact SGS to initiate your Data Protection Certification Scheme and be GDPR-compliant.