Public Sector Radiation Analytical Services
Radiation analytical services from SGS – measure radioactivity levels and identify radionuclide content to ensure safety and comply with regulations.
If your organization deals with potentially radioactive substances, you may need to determine radioactivity levels and identify specific radionuclides for a variety of reasons, including:
- Regulatory compliance
- Routine monitoring
- Contamination checks
- Waste management
- Environmental and health impact assessment
We offer radiation testing and analysis in many different matrices, according to your specific requirements, and we can provide detailed assessments and advice for a wide range of environmental applications
Why choose radiation analytical services from SGS?
We provide an extensive range of analytical services to determine radioactivity levels and specific radionuclides for a variety of sample types. Our services are NATA accredited (ISO 17025) and cover the routine testing of radioactivity in almost any sample matrix, including:
- Water (e.g. environmental or potable)
- Soil, sediments, sludge
- Mineral sands
- Biological solids
- Waste and industrial process materials
- Petrochemical and fertilizer samples
- Vegetation (plant material, wood, etc)
- Food products (solid and liquid)
- Airborne dust
- Air filters (HVAS, personal filters etc.)
- Ambient air (i.e. radon and thoron in air)
- Building debris
- Mixed waste and hazardous waste
- Wipe testing (analysis of surface contamination wipes)
We can report for a wide range of natural and anthropogenic radionuclides including:
- Gross alpha and beta
- Uranium-238 chain radionuclides: U-238, U-234 Th-234, Th-230, Ra-226*, Pb-210
- Thorium-232 chain radionuclides: Th-232, Ra-228, Ac-228, Th-228
- Uranium-235 chain radionuclides: U-235, Ac-227, Th-227, Ra-223
- Radon (Rn-222) and thoron (Rn-220)
- Tritium (H-3)
- Cs-134 and Cs-137
- Am-241, Co-60, Sr-90
We provide cost effective, efficient turnaround of samples, with a three day urgent turnaround time (TAT) available for most analyses, subject to the number of samples. Ra-226 for urgent TAT will be measured via its 186 keV gamma emission and is subject to increased uncertainty and detection limits.
Our highly qualified staff can provide expert advice on all aspects of radiological testing for your specific purposes and can assist you with all aspects of sampling and analysis in the field.
Unrivaled experience in health, safety and environmental testing and inspection
With a global network of experts and state-of-the-art facilities, we have the resources and expertise to ensure that your materials, equipment and processes comply with legislative standards as well as your own requirements.
Contact us to learn how radiation analytical services can help you to meet safety standards.