Performance on Managing Operational Integrity
GRI Content: G4-LA6
Sustainable Development Goals: Goal 3, Goal 8
The content of this webpage has been verified and assured.
- During 2016, 22 leadership visits were conducted for every 100 employees compared to 12 for every 100 employees in the previous year
- In 2016, more than 39,500 employees completed our updated e-learning module on the SGS Rules for Life, which is available in eight languages
- During 2016, a total of 1,632,056 hours was invested in OI training for SGS employees
- In 2015, we appointed an OI communications manager, and established a global industrial hygiene (IH) team which comprises experts in clinical health and hygiene. In 2016 both initiatives have begun to have a considerable, and positive, impact on the business
2016 showed remarkable improvement in our OI performance across the Group, with:
- Lost Time Injury Rate (LTIR) down 29% to 0.27 (from 0.38 in 2015)
- Total Recordable Incident Rate down 18% to 0.53 (from 0.65 in 2015)
- Motor Vehicles Incidents down 16%
- During 2016, corporate HSE audits were conducted by an internal team of 23 certified HSE auditors and the findings were reported to the executive management team.
- In total, 1,085 sites were self-assessed and benchmarked globally during 2016.