Oil and Gas Radiation Safety Training
Radiation safety training from SGS - ensure regulatory compliance in your workplace.
Working with radiation sources presents many safety issues. To ensure that radiation levels in your workplace remain low and compliant with regulations, all members of staff working with ionizing radiation sources must understand the risks involved and how to minimize them. Training can help them to achieve an understanding of the precautions required for working with or near radiation sources. In many cases, personnel who work with radiation sources must show proof of appropriate training as a condition of license. We offer a wide range of radiation training courses to ensure that your staff members understand and employ correct procedures and comply with licensing conditions.
Why choose radiation safety training from SGS?
Our training courses are delivered by experienced health physicists and are tailored specifically to the radiation sources used in your workplace.
We offer courses on:
- General radiation awareness
- Safe handling of sealed and unsealed radiation sources
- Static radiation gauge and gamma ray irradiator safety
- Safe use of irradiating apparatus (including X-ray machines and XRD/XRF equipment)
- Transport of radioactive materials
- Safe handling of NORM contaminated equipment
- Radiation safety and metal recycling
Our training covers a range of essential topics, including:
- The risks and benefits of working with radiation sources
- Methods for controlling exposure to radiation
- Proper handling of radioactive materials
- Common workplace radiation exposure scenarios
- How to select the correct radiation monitor for a specific exposure situation
- How to make a radiation measurement
- How to interpret a radiation measurement
In Australia, many of our courses have been recognized or approved by Commonwealth, state and territory radiation regulatory agencies including:
- The Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency
- Radiation Safety, Department of Health and Human Services (VIC)
- Radiation Protection Branch, Department of Health and Human Services (TAS)
- Hazardous Materials, Chemical and Radiation Section, NSW Environment Protection Authority
- Radiation Health Unit, Department of Health (QLD)
Unrivaled experience in health and safety training
As a global leader in professional health and safety training, SGS has the expertise to ensure that your workforce understands the risks involved when working with radiation sources. Our radiation safety training courses can help to ensure that your staff keeps your workplace safe and compliant.
Contact us today to learn more about radiation safety training.