On Oct 11, 2021 Administration of Market Supervision and Standardization Administration of the PRC issued Children's canvas rubber footwear product standard GB/T 25036-2021 which will become effective on May 01, 2022. GB/T 25036-2021 replaces the previous edition GB 25036-2010.
The new standard is applicable to footwear for toddler and children use, of which the outsole is mainly made of rubber or other similar elastomer materials, and the uppers are mainly made of textile and other synthetic or natural materials.
Main Technical Changes
Compared with GB 25036-2010, GB/T 25036-2021 contains many revisions.
- Terms and definitions;
- Requirement of shoe size and model;
- Requirement and test method of abrasion resistance of outsole;
- The title and test method of bonding strength of foxing-upper;
- The item category from safety item to physical performance items of colour fastness to rubbing of lining and insole (insock);
- Requirement and test method of physical safety performance;
- Requirement of appearance quality;
- The specification of inspection rules and marking, packaging, transportation and storage.
- Requirement and test method of hardness of cellular outsole;
- Requirement and test method of slip resistance of outsole;
- Warning label.
- The definition of base thickness and requirement and test method of outsole thickness;
- The requirement and test method of health safety performance;
- Annex A and Annex B.
Main technical requirements of GB/T 25036-2021 <Children's canvas rubber footwear>
|1||Tensile strength of outsole||GB/T 528||Solid outsole ≥ 7.0 Mpa|
|2||Elongation at break of outsole||GB/T 528||Solid outsole ≥ 320%|
|3||Abrasion resistance of outsole||GB/T 9867-2008, Method A||Solid outsole≤200 mm3|
Cellular outsole≤300 mm3
|4||Hardness of outsole||Solid outsole: GB/T 531.1|
Cellular outsole: HG/T 2489
|Solid outsole: 45~75（Shore A）|
Cellular outsole: 40~70（Asker C）
|5||Slip resistance of outsole||HG/T 3780-2005, 8.2.1||Dry≥0.5|
|6||Bonding strength of foxing-upper||HG/T 4805||≥1.6 N/mm|
|7||Colour fastness to rubbing of lining and insole (insock)||QB/T 2882-2007, Method A||Staining grade≥2-3|
|8||Appearance quality||GB/T 25036-2021, 6.2||Comply with GB/T 25036-2021, 5.3|
|9||Physical safety performance||Product：GB 30585-2014|
Packaging of plastic bag：
GB 6675.2-2014, 5.10
GB 6675.2-2014, 4.10
|Product - Comply with GB 30585-2014|
Packaging of plastic bag - Comply with
GB/T 25036-2021, 5.4.2
Details of the Technical Content
For more information, please refer to the China National Standard GB/T 22796-2021 <Bedding>. or contact SGS directly.
For inquiries, please contact:
Consumer and Retail — Softlines
US & Canada Softlines Business Head
t: +1 973 461 7919
© SGS Group Management SA - 2022 - All rights reserved - SGS is a registered trademark of SGS Group Management SA. This is a publication of SGS, except for 3rd parties’ contents submitted or licensed for use by SGS. SGS neither endorses nor disapproves said 3rd parties contents. This publication is intended to provide technical information and shall not be considered an exhaustive treatment of any subject treated. It is strictly educational and does not replace any legal requirements or applicable regulations. It is not intended to constitute consulting or professional advice. The information contained herein is provided “as is” and SGS does not warrant that it will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. Do not quote or refer any information herein without SGS’s prior written consent.