SAFEGUARDS | SoftlinesNO. 147/21
The Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology has issued an updated industry standard for jackets – FZ/T 81008-2021. Included in No. 6 announcement on the approved industry standards in 2021, it replaces the previous version, FZ/T 81008-2011, and became effective on July 1, 2021.
This document is applicable to jackets which are mainly made of woven fabrics. It is not applicable to jackets intended for infants less than 36 months of age.
Main physical and chemical contents
The standard includes provisions relating to fiber content, formaldehyde content, pH value, decomposable carcinogenic aromatic amines, odor, dimensional change (laundering, dry-cleaning), shell colorfastness (colorfastness to laundering, colorfastness to water, colorfastness to dry-cleaning, colorfastness to rubbing, colorfastness to perspiration, colorfastness to light, and colorfastness to transfer in joints), lining colorfastness (colorfastness to laundering, colorfastness to water, colorfastness to dry rubbing, colorfastness to perspiration), trims and embroidery thread colorfastness (colorfastness to laundering, colorfastness to dry-cleaning), shell pilling, seam property, tear force, peeling force at parts covered with adhesive interlinings, and appearance after laundering. Jackets intended to be worn by children from 3 years to 14 years shall also comply with the rules of GB 31701.
Main Technical Changes
Compared with FZ/T 81008-2011, FZ/T 81008-2021 contains many updates, including:
- Requirements for colorfastness to transfer in joints for shell
- Requirements for trims and embroidery thread colorfastness (colorfastness to laundering, colorfastness to dry-cleaning)
- Requirements for tear force
- Applicable scope
- Normative references
- Requirements for instruction for use, sizing and specification
- Requirements for raw materials of lining and accessories
- Requirements for direction of warp and weft yarn
- Requirements for check/stripe alignment
- How to divide the parts of finished products
- Requirements for appearance defects, sewing and ironing appearance
- Requirements for physical and chemical performance
- Requirements for appearance after laundering
- Inspection tools
- Dimensional measurement
- Appearance evaluation
- Determination of physical and chemical properties
- Judgment of appearance defects
- Sampling rules and judgment rules
- Requirements for splicing (see FZ/T 81008-2011, clause 3.6)
- Requirements for color difference at parts covered with adhesive interlinings
- Durability to laundering
- Test method for seam slippage (see FZ/T 81008-2011, appendix A)
Details of the Technical Content
For more information, please refer to the China Industry Standard FZ/T 81008-2021<Jackets> or contact SGS directly.
China’s GB national standards set requirements for product quality, safety and performance. SGS Global Softlines’ global network, including 10 laboratories in China, offers a wide range of CNAS and CMA accredited services for textiles, apparel, footwear and accessories to help your company demonstrate compliance with Chinese requirements. In the end, it’s only trusted because it’s tested. Contact us for more information or visit our website.
For inquiries, please contact:
Stay on top of regulatory changes within your industry: subscribe to SafeGuardS!
Read more articles for the Consumer Goods and Retail industry
© SGS Group Management SA - 2021 - All rights reserved - SGS is a registered trademark of SGS Group Management SA. This is a publication of SGS, except for 3rd parties’ contents submitted or licensed for use by SGS. SGS neither endorses nor disapproves said 3rd parties contents. This publication is intended to provide technical information and shall not be considered an exhaustive treatment of any subject treated. It is strictly educational and does not replace any legal requirements or applicable regulations. It is not intended to constitute consulting or professional advice. The information contained herein is provided “as is” and SGS does not warrant that it will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. Do not quote or refer any information herein without SGS’s prior written consent.