SAFEGUARDS | Cosmetics, Personal Care & HouseholdNO. 127/21
China’s State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR) issued Notice No. 46, namely a Measure of Supervision and Administration for Cosmetic Manufacturing and Operations. This newly released regulation consists of 7 chapters, totally 66 articles. Key updates include:
- Optimization of the production license procedure, a notification and commitment system is implemented for the continuation of production license
- Clarification of the classification principles of production license projects and highlighting the special production conditions for children's skin care products and cosmetics for eyes
- Introduction of a requirement for enterprises to implement a quality and safety responsibility system, in terms of production management
- Refinement of the label management requirements, and further clarification of the requirements for false publicity and illegal product claims used to promote cosmetics
- Clarification of the obligations of beauty salons and hotels when using cosmetics in business services or providing cosmetics to consumers
- Strengthening of the responsibilities and obligations of e-commerce platforms, centralized trading markets, trade fairs and other platforms. E-commerce platforms need to setup a department for quality management or recruit a person who has capabilities in cosmetic quality management and has knowledge of cosmetic safety and regulations. Inspections are highly recommended for e-commerce platforms
This new regulation will enter into force on January 1, 2022.
With the development of new products, regulations for cosmetics, personal care and household are fast changing and increasingly complex. To stay up-to-date with the latest legislation, check out our powerful regulatory compliance platform, SGS Digicomply.
For inquiries, please contact:
t: +86 020 2909 3881
Stay on top of regulatory changes within your industry: subscribe to SafeGuardS!
Read more articles for the Consumer Goods and Retail industry
© SGS Group Management SA - 2021 - All rights reserved - SGS is a registered trademark of SGS Group Management SA. This is a publication of SGS, except for 3rd parties’ contents submitted or licensed for use by SGS. SGS neither endorses nor disapproves said 3rd parties contents. This publication is intended to provide technical information and shall not be considered an exhaustive treatment of any subject treated. It is strictly educational and does not replace any legal requirements or applicable regulations. It is not intended to constitute consulting or professional advice. The information contained herein is provided “as is” and SGS does not warrant that it will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. Do not quote or refer any information herein without SGS’s prior written consent.