New SGS Geochemistry Lab Opens in Townsville, Australia
SGS opens its new purpose-built geochemical laboratory in Townsville, Queensland, Australia. The laboratory will offer increased capacity, improved client services, in-house analysis and new analytical technologies for metals and mining groups, operating exploration of greenfields and brownfields.
The new SGS laboratory will be open at the Townsville premises in the second week of August 2020. This ISO 9001 accredited facility will offer increased sample processing capacity for sample preparation, fire assay and chemical analysis, ensuring faster and more efficient turnaround times.
SGS will also be introducing X-ray fluorescence analytical services at this laboratory, as well as new Field Analytical Services and Testing (FAST) services.
The new geochemistry laboratory will offer:
- Sample preparation – low and high grade
- Fire assay for Au and Pt, Pd (ICP-MS)
- Atomic absorption spectrometry (AAS)
- Ultratrace and trace element analysis by ICP-AES and ICP-MS
- Classical chemistry
- X-ray fluorescence
- pXRF (Portable X-ray Fluorescence)
- Carbon and sulphur analysis
- Gravimetric and bullion analysis
- Concentrate analysis
- Mobile Metal Ion (MMI™) analysis
- Client data access via QLAB online services
- Quarantine approved site facilities
- Secure sample storage and management
- Future technology, including FTIR
SGS has been a leader in providing quality analytical and minerals trade services to support the mining and exploration industry in Queensland for over 30 years. A range of services for the minerals, trade and environmental sectors will also be provided from the new premises, offering a total service package for clients. No matter where you are, what you want to analyse, what limits of detection, turnaround times, precision or accuracy you require, turn to SGS for geochemical analysis and assays.
For further information, please contact:
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.