The acquisition of SGS Stephens in the US has significantly expanded our global testing capabilities for cosmetics and personal care products.
Based in Richardson, Texas, and Phoenix, Arizona, this business has been providing high quality safety testing and claim substantiation services to manufacturers and suppliers of cosmetics and personal care items since 1989. Strategically placed in climatically different regions, within ethnically diverse populations, our facilities offer comprehensive testing services, utilizing a database of nearly 35,000 panellists, aged 2 to 70.
Location: Richardson, North Dallas, Texas, and Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Size: Richardson: 15,000 sq. ft.
Phoenix: 4,500 sq. ft.
Serving domestic and international clients, we test a wide range of products, including:
- Skin care products – acne medicines, anti-aging, body and hand washes, wound healing, cosmetics, cellulite, atopic dermatitis/eczema, baby care, keratosis pilaris, male grooming, moisturizers, psoriasis, and sunscreens
- Foot and nail products – bunions, corns, insoles and inserts, nail fungus, and dry and cracked heels
- Hair care products – androgenetic alopecia, hair growth, anti-dandruff, scalp irritation, and shampoos, conditioners, and styling products for salon evaluations
- Oral care products – toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwashes, dental care systems, and teeth whitening (in vitro)
We are committed to helping the cosmetic and personal care industries develop safe, high quality consumers products for today’s competitive markets. Our studies incorporate the latest bio-instrumentation and high-tech photographic techniques.
We provide a wide variety of clinical testing solutions, including:
- Efficacy and claim substantiation
- Safety and tolerability
- Consumer research for in-house use
- Focus groups & testimonials
- Proof of concept
- Sunscreen testing
Our contract research organization (CRO) services include:
- Protocol and report writing
- IRB submission
- Clinical grading of subjects’ photographs
- Investigator initiation visits
- Single and multi-site study management
- QA monitoring
- Visual assessment training and certification
- Statistical analysis
For international clients, we are also able to offer the same high-quality testing solutions through our affiliate laboratories in India, Japan, and South Korea.
For further information on our range of services, please contact us direct: