SGS Accredited for EPA TSCA Title VI and CARB Certification Services in Vietnam
SGS is proud to announce that it has become the first US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resources Board (CARB) – Airborne Toxic Control Measure (ATCM) approved Third Party Certifier (TPC) in Vietnam.
In a further boost, SGS in Vietnam has also been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) as an EPA-recognized Accreditation Body (AB) for ISO/IEC 17065 and ISO/IEC 17025 – based on the US EPA's Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Title VI regulation requirements. The scope of this accreditation includes formaldehyde emission standards for composite wood products per the regulations of EPA TSCA Title VI (40 CFR Part 770) and CARB ATCM (title 17, California Code of Regulations, section 93120).
Following these announcements, SGS can now offer local services to help clients including panel manufacturers, fabricators, distributors, importers and retailers to demonstrate compliance to the US Formaldehyde Standards for Composite Wood Products Act. CARB ATCM sets formaldehyde emission standards for:
- Hardwood plywood composite core or veneer core (HWPW-CC or VC)
- Particleboard (PB)
- Medium-density fiberboard (MDF)
The Act also specifies formaldehyde emission standards for:
- Third-party certification programs
- Incentives for products manufactured from ultra-low emitting formaldehyde resins (ULEF)
- No added-formaldehyde-based resins (NAF)
- Product labeling
Mr. Daster Lai, SGS Vietnam Ltd., CRS Director, said: "With our commitment to excellence, we are thrilled to have met the EPA TSCA Title VI and CARB ATCM accreditation requirements ahead of the regulation's timeline. Most importantly, this enables us to improve and increase the services we offer to clients in the composite wood product sector."
As an EPA-recognized TPC, SGS provides a wide variety of international services to ensure manufacturers and suppliers gain peace of mind in complying with the Act and ATCM.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Certification of panel manufacturers (mills), including:
- Gap assessments
- Setting up an in-house lab and quality control system
- Correlation testing between factory/ in-house laboratory and SGS test lab (Secondary test method: ASTM D6007; In-house quality control test methods: ASTM D5582 and others)
- Quality control personnel
- Factory inspection services
- Correct labeling procedures
- Documentation and record keeping
For more information, please contact:
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.