SGS Expands Capacity in the Safety Assessments of Rolling Stock and Train Control Systems
SGS are now able to deliver on all regulatory compliance aspects of vehicle authorization in Spain, as a Notified Body for the European Technical Specifications for Interoperability, and a Designated Body for the Spanish Notified National Technical Rules.
In addition, SGS Spain's scope of accreditation under ISO/IEC 17020 has expanded to include the safety assessment of railway applications according to EN 50126, EN 50128 and EN 50129. These two safety-related accreditations will help SGS serve rail operators and equipment manufacturers in Spain and Latin America more efficiently.
SGS also performs certification activities (NoBo/DeBo) and independent safety assessment (AsBo/ISA) with the following group accreditations:
- NoBo / DeBo (ENAC 87 / C-PR 345)
- NoBo/DeBo (UKAS 6186)
- AsBo (PCA AK 013)
- ISA (Dakks D-IS-12088-02-01)
The following services are also available from SGS:
- Certification of entities in charge of maintenance (ECM) (UKAS 6186)
- Welding certification - EN 15085 (015B)
- Electrical Laboratories (Dakks D-IS-12088-02-01 and ENAC N º 05/LE011)
- IRIS ISO/TS 22163 (08/10/14a) (08/10/14a)
- Several types of tests related to the railway industry
For more information, please contact:
Head of Rail – EMEA Region
28042 - Madrid
m: +34 607 845 281
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 97,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.