SGS Invests in New Textile Testing Capabilities in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
SGS’s Cambodian textile testing facilities thrive at the heart of country’s ready-made garments manufacturing and export industry.
The state-of the-art facilities In Phnom Penh, offer one of the broadest scopes of textile testing services in the country. Its diverse range of testing, inspection and audit solutions covers the entire textile supply chain from raw materials to the retail outlet.
Located at Phnom Penh in the hub of ready-made garments production exports to EU & US markets, it serves a thriving business community. Established in 2014, it became the first lab in Cambodia to provide both physical and restricted substances testing e.g. GC-MS, LC-DAD-MS, ICP-OES Spectrophotometer and other physical test facilities.
|Number of employees:||40|
|Size of testing facilities:||1650 m²|
SGS Cambodia provides testing services for a wide variety of products, including:
- Fiber and Yarn
- Textiles and Garment
- Leather Products
- Bags and Accessories
- Home Textiles
This list is not exhaustive, contact us to find out more.
We offer a range of services to ensure the safety, quality and sustainability of consumer products. These include:
- Physical testing: mechanical, colorfastness, washing and appearance assessment, fiber identification/composition, functional and safety tests
- Flammability testing
- Chemical testing: azo dye, disperse dye, phthalates, formaldehyde, COC, PAHs
- Wastewater testing: pH, conductivity, BOD, COD, heavy metal, color, TSS, TDS, hardness
- Factory audit: BSCI, WRAP, SMETA, ICS, etc.
- Inspection: initial production check (IPC), during production check (DuPro), final random inspection (FRI), loading supervision (LS) and metal detection inspections
- Textile fabrics
- Home textiles
- Baby wear, children wear, underwear, bra
- Shirt, blouse, pullover, sweater
- Pants, skirts
- Dresses, robe, jumpsuit
- Coats, jackets
- Mask sheets
- Personal protective cloth
- Soft toys
Accreditations and Approvals
- ISO/IEC 17025 – accredited by Thailand’s Bureau of Laboratory Accreditation, Department of Science Service and Cambodia’s national accreditation body
- Accredited by CPSC for total lead, phthalate, Cd and physical testing for children’s products destined for the USA
For further information, please contact:
1076A-D, St. 371, Sankat Stung Meanchey
Kan Meanchey, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia
t: +855 (0)23 967 886 8